Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

Friday I left to visit Chris! We were spending a romantic weekend together. I left right after school and headed that way. They had been calling for snow to start around 5 pm. I figured I would beat it but unfortunately did not. As soon as I got on I-85 the snow starting falling like a blizzard. I was 20 miles from his exit and traffic came to stand still. Mr. Garmin redirected me but it added 30 minutes to my trip...but I got there safely before the roads got to terrible.

We had plans to go see Dear John on Friday night but with the weather situation we decided to postpone it until Saturday. We went and got Publix subs (our favorite) and came home and watched some more episodes of How I Met Your Mother and just relaxed. I fell asleep at like 9:30--call me old but those kids wore me out during their Valentine's Day parties at school.

Saturday morning we woke up to discover 5 inches of snow on the ground. We lounged around for a little bit and decided to head to downtown Greenville for the day. We had found this park called Falls Park. There is a hanging bridge that overlooks the falls! Lets just say it was beautiful. There was still snow on the ground when we got there so we took advantage of it and had a little snow ball fight. I claim I won! We got some Starbucks and just enjoyed each others' company.




It was nice just to be able to relax and talk to each other without the stress of work and school.

After we left Falls Park we headed to Target and Old Navy to pick up some items for Spring Break! We ended up buying Couples' Retreat and watched it last night. Overall a funny movie. We grabbed some lunch at Atlanta Bread Company-which we weren't as impressed with their soups. Which surprised us since we both we saying how much we loved their soups previously.

We went to see Dear John after running our errands...I wish someone would have warned me how sad it was. I am pretty sure that I cried from the very moment the movie started to the end credits. I read the book way back when it first came out but I still loved the changes they had in the movie. Chris had been joking about how he was going to think it was just another chick flick but he admitted at the end that it was a very good movie...guess that means he gets to go see the Last Song when it comes out!

After the movie we headed back to his place and got ready for dinner. We decided to go to Outback our favorite place! When we got there the hostess told us it would be a two hour wait we figured that we would go sit at the bar and get a Bloomin Onion and just relax but as soon as we went over this elderly couple was getting up and offered us their table. The tables around the bar at Outback are first come first serve (good to know!). So we took it and enjoyed an amazing dinner!

We ended up being in bed by midnight since we were both exhausted! I told him I feel like a little old couple! But I am taking advantage of the sleep while I can get it.

This morning we drove into Clemson to grab some lunch at Pita Pit (an amazing place- check to see if your town has one) and run to the Athletic Department Shoppe. We ended up taking a car ride to Six Mile, SC--who would have known we have a town called this. It was nice to just be able to talk and relax! I hated to leave but I know that I have to graduate and then we can be together!

This week is going to be busy...Wednesday we have a teacher career fair at school and our graduation fair. Friday I get my Invisalign! And then Saturday I have a two big interviews with my home school district. Say a prayer for me please!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! We love to watch how i met your mother. And those pics are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete