Monday, April 26, 2010

A Weddingful Weekend

Whew its been a busy couple of days!

Friday was my last day with the students at my internship. It was bittersweet but I am excited to see what the future holds. The students made me a book that included a picture and a note from each of them. Immediately following school I jumped in the car to drive home since we had a busy weekend ahead of us!

Saturday we met with our wonderful wedding planner. We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful that are willing to help us create the day of our dreams! Lisa has known us since we were 5 years old and she is truly a blessing! We discussed the budget and ideas we each had. I went into this meeting knowing exactly where I wanted the wedding and all but after talking to her we decided to move the wedding to a venue that had both indoor and outdoor amenities. We figured since we are getting married in November the weather is going to be cool and it would make the day more enjoyable to our guests. Based on our conversations we decided to have the wedding at the Callawassie Island Club House!

Chris had to go pick up his dad and brother from the airport so this was a perfect opportunity for his mom, my mom and I to go look for wedding dresses. I had an appointment with Patricia at En Vogue. Patricia designs wedding dresses based on her customer's wants and needs. Last weekend I had gone to several wedding shops and tried on many dresses. I took several pictures and ideas with me to the meeting. Based on what I wanted Patricia was able to design a wedding dress just for me! I am in love with the dress and can't wait to see the final product!

Today one of my bridesmaids and I went to David's Bridal. She tried on the dress and we finalized shoes!

Also check out our wedding website!

We have had a busy weekend but we are both so excited! I can't wait to share more details as they unfold this week!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds so exciting! Have fun. This is a special time in your life.

    ReplyDelete