Sunday, August 2, 2009

Forgiveness!

Today's church sermon hit the nail right on the head. This summer has been a hard one for me because I called off an engagement in May and I have held spike, anger, and many grudges for what he did to me. I have really struggled with forgiving him for the way he treated me as an individual. Pastor Larry preached a sermon titled "A Lifestyle of Forgiveness" from Matthew 18:21-35. What a wonderful sermon...I was able to drop my grudges. God spoke and said to forgive, yes I know sometimes it is hard to forgive someone but it has made me a stronger person. This summer has been a build up of grudges because honestly I still don't understand how a person can treat someone they "love" the way I was treated. But that is besides the point but I have moved on it and it has made me a stronger person. Please take a few minutes and read the parable and let me know what you think.
The sermon really spoke to me about why as an individual and follower of Christ I should forgive. First I feel we should forgive to live in peace. Second we should forgive in order to move forward and not live in the past. (This summer I have learned that life isn't always greener on the other side and that I can't live in the past I must be a strong young woman and push forward through my grief and anger and overcome the challenges of the devil!) And finally we must forgive because we have been forgive by the almighty God!
I must say that I feel 100 pounds lighter and feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Praise the Lord!
I am so excited to be starting a new bible study called "Love, Dating, and Other Insanities...Relationships Without Regret." I feel hope that this shows me some insights of what I have to look forward to. I have struggled with moving forward and I pray that this study helps me grow as a person and overcome the past!
This week I will traveling to West Virginia and Kentucky to visit family. I will post later in the week! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment